On Saturday July 21st the group met at Starved Rock for some camping and hiking. Some chose to pack their backpacks with items that will be needed during the actual hike, and others chose to keep the 40 lb weights in the packs. I chose to keep the 40 lbs in my pack because the majority of supplies I will be taking with the climb, I will be renting.
So we hiked a couple hours on Saturday afternoon and then met up at one of the campsites for dinner. Some chose to experiment with freeze dried meals of which the macaroni and cheese was a huge success. We also found out how much fun a "JetBoil" can bring to an event. Must say, it was a highlight for many of us. We tried to make this weekend close to what we will be experiencing during our official hike, and decided to crash early and then wake up early to hike a couple more hours the following morning.
We met again at Joe and Joe's campsite for breakfast and then headed out for hiking once again.
I believe we all have a good feeling about where we stand as far as our physical fitness and are pretty excited that the hike is just around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment