Thursday, July 19, 2007

Feeling better...and the training continues

Last Thurday I met up with Reggie at the gym and he took me through a series of workouts to strengthen my core. A lot of work with free weights, aerobics bench, bosu balance ball, resistance bands and yoga moves. Once that was all done I completed some interval training on the treadmill for 20 minutes. This was after coming off from a week of being sick, so I needed to take it easy.

Rested the rest of the weekend and then I was off to Jacksonville, FL for work on Monday, so I focused on push-ups, resistance band training, lunges, and sit ups in my hotel room. The Hilton down there has a "Stay Fit Kit" from Gaiam, which I pulled out and used some of that equipment as well.

Rested on Tuesday and then yesterday trained with my 40 lb weighted pack on the stairmaster for 45 minutes at level 5. Took off my pack and finished up on the stairmaster for 10 minutes at level 8 and 5 minutes of cool down. I then completed three sets of 10 push ups with the medicine ball rolling from my right to left hand. I then took the bosu balance ball and attempted to balance smmooottthhlyyy on one foot while lifting a 6 lb medicine ball over my head and taking it in the opposite hand and repeating on the other foot. Yeah...I'm not smooth. But it worked my core...and that was my goal.

Two weeks from tomorrow!!

No comments: