Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day 3 [07/10/2007]....Sick...AGAIN!

So after pushing myself a bit further in my training, my body tells me...."oh no you didn't!!" I was planning on going up the Grouse Grind again on Grouse Mountain in Vancouver, BC Canada, however I could barely swallow. I knew I was run down going into both previous hikes, but I thought I could get through it. So unfortunately I had to go to the doctor and get antiobiotics. Out of commission Tuesday and Wednesday. Now it is Thursday...and I'm feeling better, so I'll probably go to the gym and see what happens.

The Grouse Grind can not be duplicated in a gym setting. To be honest, I wasn't ready for it while I was doing it. The second time up was a lot better as the first time up all I was thinking was "WTF". The average time to hike up Grouse Grind is an hour and a half. First time up I did it in less than an hour, (no quite sure the exact time), took the SKY TRAM down with a couple of people I knew out there. (They opted to take the SKY TRAM up as well and drink a couple of beers while waiting for me to hike up the mountain...smart]. The second day it took me an hour and a half to go up and back down. [Although, hiking back down the trail is not advised due to the steepness of the mountain and the loose rocks. But when do I ever listen?]

My flight back to Chicago had a layover in Seattle, so I was able to see Mt Rainier in the distance. Intimidating?? Ahhhh...YEAH!!! What am I thinking?? ;) Well some may agree, I don't do much of that...thinking...that is....but those of you who do know me...know that I am one stubborn determined lady. Once I set my mind to something...I usually will get it done!

Three weeks away!!

1 comment:

John said...

WOW...you were just in B.C.? Awesome! Some steep incline in that province! I continue to watch your progress -- keep going! I'll be sending a card this week! *grin* Happy for you! Cheers - John