Thursday, August 2, 2007

Last training session



Yesterday at noon, I trained with Reggie for my last workout before the big hike. We completed a whole body workout and I know I am ready for what is ahead. Again...the only thing that is making me "slightly" nervous is the altitude change. Because knowing my luck....I'll be the only one that will get altitude sickness. So I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen.

Today Mark and I are heading to REI for last minute items that we need and then all of us head to Washington tomorrow at 7:00am. Friday afternoon we are all going to pick up our rental equipment and make sure that everything is sized correctly and works. Then Saturday is a full day of fitness evaluation as well as learning the proper safety techniques. Sunday morning we start up the mountain and will spend the night at 10,000 ft at Camp Muir. Monday morning we will be rising at 12:30am and will continue our ascent up the mountain to the top [14,410 ft]. Then we make our way back down to base camp where we started the day before. That evening we plan on having a celebratory dinner and then on a flight back the following day at 1:00 pm.

It is hard to believe that it is already here. After 6 months of training...crazy. I will have pictures posted when I return.

No comments: